Very often...I THINK! Can you believe it? Not too often does it means anything...However when it does, I don't tend to write it down fast enough to remember before the other thoughts cloud my memory and take up good space.
So today I needed to write.
This week has been rough, I won't lie.
(OK since I won't lie, it's been a few weeks)
I have just felt like I am not doing my job as a wife,
mother and friend to the best of my abilities!
That makes me really sad.
This week I caught myself saying "NO"
Way too much than I should.
Every time I did, I remembered reading something from
Sister Hinkley about how she said
"YES" as often as she could...I felt guilt.
So today, I logged on to try and find it, and I couldn't.
But I did find that I had plenty of water in my body!
I usually am not moved to tears, but I was today.
I concluded that I needed to be happy, not sad.
I decided to change my attitude, and therefore my blog title.
That is appropriate right?
I am going to let my kids be kids, and my house my house...
I don't need to worry if it is spotless....it is sanitary, and that is what matters.
There is a movie quote that said, "Homes are for self expression, not good impressions"
Right now my self expression should show in my kids, and kids are messy.
it's a fact. So I am laughing more, letting them help me cook more, and I am happy.
I am in control.
Just a few thoughts about things I heard them say this week that I liked...
Peter Pan has been handed down a generation. I was folding Laundry and asked Andrue to give Audrie her costume. She said...
"Andrue, I would like you to have this now. You can be Peter. Treat him good, he is really fun, He is you now." That was a big step for my little girl! It has been over a year she has had this alter-ego! I will miss him...well, maybe not so much. But it was fun while it lasted!
Andrue wants to HELP with EVERYTHING!! At the grocery store he wanted to carry a bag, so I let him...He was holding it up to his chin and trying not to trip over it...it was cute, Then he got home and helped unload and put things in the fridge. Even the cereal.
Carlee...is...a...terror...She will open any drawer at her level and empty it! Everywhere every time! I can't keep following her around and picking up after her! She throws hard too! She doesn't even look behind her! It is like she is frantically looking for something at the bottom of the drawer...Picking things up and hurling them behind her like there is no tomorrow!
I love it.
"Right now my self expression should show in my kids, and kids are messy." . . . I love it! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're feeling down! Chin up, right? And you have such darling kids. So cute!